Friday, December 27, 2013

Just Moving Right Along

2013 will soon be coming to a close.  The older I get the faster the year flies by!

I was able to complete Mary's Sampler II on Christmas morning, after all the presents were opened and breakfast was finished.  I will show a picture I promise, sometime.

In the evening I pulled out a project that I put away on January 1st.  Stony Creek's Golf Cart Santa. Below is a picture of how he looked when I put him away.  I will be working on this piece exclusively until January 1st again.  I hope I get close to finishing him by then, if I do, it will give me (hopefully) the motivation to finish him off.



I haven't done any sewing yet this holiday, its just too cramped with all the Christmas happenings to set up the machine.  Maybe next year Santa will bring me a sewing room.  Hey,  I can dream.

I did however receive some quilty gifts from truly special friends.  Two quilt kits from my fave, Kaffe Fassett.  Eeek.  And some Christmas themed charm square packs.  Yay!   I feel a Christmas quilt coming on!  I am lucky to have such friends.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Vivian
PS:. Totally forgot to mention that I spent all day yesterday shoveling.  So much snow and it kept snowing all night.  Looks like we have hardly put a dent in it.  Hopefully it is enough clearing for the water truck.  Times like this I wish we lived in town!

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Did someone/anyone/ a practical person give you a snow shovel for a gift?? Quilty things are perfect, I like to look, put away, take out again, think about, then finally start to put them together. Take care in that snow, hope you have water soon. Cheers, Jean.

Diane-crewe said...

keep safe and warm in all that snow xx Hope you get to use your new fabric soon xx