Friday, December 20, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

What a beautiful and busy month!

We've had snow (over 2 feet at one time), we've had cold (-45C with the windchill for a few days in a row), and we've had lots of good cheer.

The girls have had their band concerts (two lovely evenings at the Yukon Art Centre, from the beginner band to the All-City Band), we had our work parties and lunches.

The other morning the lawyer I work with and I went around spreading cheer and greetings to all the places we could think of (hugs and chocolates) that we deal with throughout the year.  What else can you do when it's -45C...just leave the car running!!!

I even delivered chocolates to our Greyhound Bus Depot employees...good thing too because there were two tubs from back home waiting for me!  Cookies from Grandma!!!  Gotta love Christmas.

Unfortunately I don't have a computer at home (my laptop kicked the proverbial bucket a few months back) and I haven't figured out how to copy and paste a picture using the Blackberry playbook so I'm taking this opportunity as my last chance of the year to share pictures with you.

Ok, it's one picture, but at least it's something!

As you look to the right side of my blog you will see the different blogs that I visit regularly.  One of the blogs is designer Paula Stewart of Plum Street Samplers.

This year Paula had a complimentary stitchalong to celebrate Christmas.  I didn't have time to stitch along with everyone else however I saved the parts of the chart as they came out every Saturday.  In the last couple of weeks I was able to start and get a good part done.  I made a couple of changes in my thread to reflect a more plum-like colour scheme.  Hopefully by the time I have the ability to post pictures again I will have it finished!


Take care everyone, and have a wonderful holiday season!

Vivian

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Vivian, Greetings for the Christmas Season from NZ, your sampler is lovely, something I never managed to do. and YES, at -45, I too would not only leave the motor running, but stay in the driver's seat, and hope the passenger would do all deliveries!! If you have holidays soon, enjoy time at home. Cheers to all at your place, Jean .

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

So pretty! I love samplers. I hope you are able to take a pic when it is completed. Have a super day & Merry Christmas!