Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous

Greetings everyone, my name is Vivian and I have a problem, I am a fabriholic.

I tend to fall in love easily, I get all excited by new fabrics.  I bring them home, I dream about them, occasionally I will even cut into them.

Then my head is turned by newer fabric.  The dreams begin again.   Apparently I just cannot commit!

And I have the UFOs to show for it.

So I had made a conscious decision.  I must finish my UFOs and my works in progress.  I should avoid purchasing new fabric.  It was a hard decision to come by, after all  I do want to support my local quilt shop.

So a compromise, I can still shop for necessities, like new needles and threads, but no new fabric.

I feel safe in this decision, after all I did receive two fabulous Kaffe Fassett quilt kits for Christmas, really what more do I need for now?

Now I had come to this decision all on my own, then what did I find today?  A group dedicated to getting a handle on their fabric addiction.  I had found my people.

I can't post a picture link yet using my little playbook (oh maybe with the $$ I save I can get a new laptop!!) but please be sure to check out Rebecca Lynne's blog for more details.  I think I have managed to attach a button along the right (crossing fingers).

Wish me luck!

Vivian

5 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

good luck xx I have far more fabric than I will ever use .. but dont know if I could resist buying more xx lol x maybe I should give some away xx

beebee said...

I too am a fabriholic. I tried to keep from buying fabric since June of 2013 but I did buy some fleece in December...that's not fabric is it?
I think most quilters have this problem.

Fignie said...

You can do it!! :) We are all here for you! :)
I'm hoping to do about the same - Only buying for the bees that I'm in ... thing else. I think I'm pretty stocked up till November :)

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

My resolution is much like yours...I have made myself a list and hope I can stick with it. I dislike having so many items in progress. Good luck and Happy New Year.

Jan said...

I did this last year. I went 10 months without purchasing fabric. It just shows how much I had.