Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So I've been to the Quilt Shop Twice this Week

And I haven't purchased any fabric!!!  Wahoo!!

I'm so strong.

But what I am doing going to the quilt shop?  Besides sorely tempting myself (you should have seen the adorable flannel fabric they just got in, kittens in sweaters...so cute!!!), I went to sign up for the quilt retreat in February.

While I was there, I signed up for one of the new quilting classes, also in February.  Have you seen the book Colorific by Pam Dinndorf?


Our shop is using one of the quilts in the book for a class, Ziggarut.  It's the coolest quilt with lots of zigs and zags, peaks and valleys.

The bonus part for me is that I can use some fabric from my stash that has been just sitting, aching to be used.  I'm so excited.

So that was Monday.

Today I went with my friend because she needed binding fabric to finish off a quilt.  I very quietly scanned what was being put together for the big sale our shop is having starting tomorrow.  Fabrics 30, 50 and 70% off!!!

I believe when I joined Fabriholics Anonymous we were ok to purchase binding fabric, or maybe border fabric if we needed to finish off a top.  I think that would be ok...so tonight I will be checking out if I greatly need anything.  Also, I did notice that there was a bolt there of fabric from the same line my daughter started her first quilt with.  She needs border fabric for sure.  Hmmm....this could work.

What do you think?  Should I go to the quilt shop for the 3rd time this week?????

Vivian

7 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

I think you might be pushing the resolve a bit!! He-He xx Havnt seen the book .. will be waiting to see what you come up with xx

sew.darn.quilt said...

Hmmm, it could go one of two ways, a third visit!
One, it could end up 3 strikes and you're out OR three times a charm ;)
The cover of that book has one outstanding quilt!

Nancy J said...

Classes and a retreat, that should put a big dent in your stash, the book looks amazing. Well done to be so stoic and avoid any buying. Cheers from Jean

beebee said...

I think if you have gone there twice and really thought out your fabric needs that it is ok to buy what you need. It's not the same as going in and mindlessly buying loads of fabric just because it's on sale LIKE I ALWAYS DO! LOL
Good for you if you can resist buying more fabric!
hugs
beebee

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

Buy all the quilt backs!! Or call them quilt backs with binding. Or ask the shop to put it away until June. Or tell yourself it is okay to buy one bunch of fabric every month. Or get a friend to buy it for you! The last one is my favourite cause that is what I did!

Maureen Williamson said...

Yes, go a third time! Just in case you missed something, LOL. And keep telling yourself,"you can look, but don't touch" (because if you touch it you have to buy it!)

Katie said...

If it's needed to finish a project I say go ahead -- but don't buy more than you will use. I'm also doing FA and needed a bit to send to a swap partner so in my mind I used it therefore it was a just purchase.