Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Funky Flowers from By the Bay

One of my favourite designers is Donna Bayliss of By the Bay Needlearts.  So when I decided to join a round robin this year I knew I had to use one of her designs.

I found one that would work perfectly for a group of stitchers.
It's Funky Flowers from the March/April 2013 issue of Just Cross Stitch.


I hope the other ladies enjoy it!

I also signed up for the Longest Days quilt retreat at the quilt shop in June and a quilting class in May.  Have you heard of Judy Regan?  She is a quilt instructor from Juneau, can't wait!

And for some exciting news I have been holding out on until now.  I have a new job!   It is a very positive move and I am very happy. For the last 8 years I have worked as a legal assistant in the residential school claim process.  Because of the content (google IAP process if you want to learn more, I won't traumatize you here) and because of my daily contact with clients in crisis, I have had a difficult time emotionally and have worked really hard at trying to maintain a healthy home life (quilting has been an amazing outlet that has helped me be there for my family).  After 8 years, the time has come for change and I am now in a completely different field working with a local utility company.   It's a great change for me and I already feel the difference.

Now let's see what we can accomplish when our hearts are happy!

Vivian

3 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on the new job!
Love the stitching too.

Nancy J said...

Vivian, your old work had many hours of hard times for you, and when you have to take care of people in crisis, so hard not to have some of it settle on your shoulders, even after work hours end. I do hope the new one works out so much better, and quilting retreats and classes give you a huge uplifting. Hugs, Jean.XX

Diane-crewe said...

what fun to have a new job .. that you like and a new (ongoing) sewing project... here's to a good time ahead xx